Wednesday, July 25, 2012

@micro lab




Probably you already know that I'm a researcher and I work in a microbiology lab, right? You don't? Do you want to know my story? ahah
So, after my Masters in Biomedical Engineering (Universidade do Minho) in Portugal, my PI offered me this opportunity: to do a phD here in US, more specifically Richmond, Virginia. I said: why not? It's now or never! I arrived on October 2010 and so far it has been a great adventure! I still have about 10 months here, and then I have to go back to Braga and finish my experiments and writing the thesis there.
This might sound chinese for you but basically I'm studying the mobilization of pathogenicity islands in Staphylococcus aureus by helper phages. Please, let me rephrase. Staphylococcus aureus are "goodfellas" and our body needs them but sometimes they are opportunistic. Worst: staph are smarter than us; they have a few ways to replicate themselves and spread virulence! Till now, the antibiotics are failing like crazy...  Is it the end of the world?
In the mean time, I'll share with you some photos at my lab.

post signature




























Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Grande cientista!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great!!!!! good luck! :)

    bellis**

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol lol ainda bem que 'traduziste' o subject do teu estudo por miudos lol lol caso contrário, teria de o fazer eu mesma. coisa que já nem custa tanto uma vez que, por formação, sou comunicadora de ciência e por vezes tenho de traduzir o que é chinês para português perceptível lol lol

    bjo**

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...