Saturday, May 28, 2011

Me want cookies!


Oh cookies, cookies! I'm the kind of girl that is crazy about sweets: not candies or gummies but homemade cakes, cookies, muffins and chocolate..There must be two types of girls: some crazy about sweets, others crazy about salty.
And today I'm going to talk about COOKIES! Cookies are not a thing that I remember my mom or even my grandma doing.. I don't know, perhaps Portugal doesn't have a large history in cookies, I don't know.. However I always had some cookies at home, at least a packet of Maria cookies (I miss them!) :)
I was doing some research and I found that the word cookie originally came from the Dutch keokje, meaning "little cake" and the Dutch first popularized cookies in the United States. Cookies are consumed in 95.2 percent of U.S. households. Americans alone consume over 2 billion cookies a year, or 300 cookies for each person annually.
So, of course, I had to try the american cookies!!


Cappuccino Cookies with espresso and white chocolate. This was my first tray of cookies, and it turns out they were a success. Check here the recipe, her blog is adorable! She is american so nothing better than learn from her. You can try with some dark chocolate chips and pecan nuts too. The taste of coffee is something fantastic!

 

Chewy Low Fat Banana Nut Oatmeal Cookies. Another recipe that you have to try is these light cookies. The recipe is here. And by the way, this blog is very nice because Gina makes delicious low fat recipes.

Oh cookies, cookies! You are awesome, you know that? I have an entire book of cookies recipes to try! but you know what..the summer is almost here... I'm so sorry mister cookie! in another time (but I will assure you that will be on this life! c;)

Kiss,

JB*
P.S.: let me know if you have any questions about the recipes ;)

14 comments:

  1. Se tiverem chocolate, eu gosto! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. e essas é q são as verdadeiras american cookies!
    tu escolhes a combinação: no supermercado encontras "chuncks" de qqc (vários tipos de chocolates, caramelos, marshmallows, frutos secos) e depois é so misturar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm pretty sure i was not eating 300 cookies/year until you started baking and bringing cookies to work. now i need to run more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUMMY IS MAKING COOKIES RIGHT NOOOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you have to agree with me: after a long day in the lab, nothing better than a cookie... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eu quero deixar de comer doces! (:
    .. e assim não consigo! lol

    http://paginaaolado.blogspot.com

    *

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pois isso é um problema! és tu e eu, tamos lixadas! bem, mas por enq,tenho q fechar a cozinha sim! q tristeza...bolachinhas tão inocentes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Têm um aspecto *.* Ultimamente tenho-me tentado controlar com as bolachinhas mas as que não consigo mesmo resistir são as de chocolate x)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm making a work for college about cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tenho uma tshirt comprada recentemente na primark que ficava bem neste post. O monstro das bolachas!heheheh
    hmmm têm um aspecto maravilhoso.bjs

    www.teamgunn.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adrt minha janokas!!!! tenho muitas mas muitas saudades tuas!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. qd tiver aí faço-te um tabuleirinho de bolachas só p ti, minha fofa de leite condensado!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...